At the start, they offer a unifying thread that serves as an interpretive key: As in Psalm 138, the writer of Psalm 139 announces the threats that befall him and pleads for God’s action (Ps 139:19–22). Some of the Jewish doctors are of opinion that this is the most excellent of all the psalms of David; and a very pious devout meditation it is upon the doctrine of God’s omniscience, which we should therefore have our hearts fixed upon and filled with in singing this psalm. One of the greatest truths in life which we all know, but which we all must come to learn, is that there is no escape from God. God has perfect knowledge of us, and all our thoughts and actions are open before him... View the entire commentary. Since we cannot escape from this all-knowing, all-present, all-wise Creator, we cannot escape from the need for holiness. The psalmist's hatred to sin, and desire to be led aright.
Psalm 14. Go To MIUD .

HINT: Since there are such a large number of resources on this page (>10,000 links) you might consider beginning with the more recent commentaries that briefly discuss all 150 Psalms - Paul Apple (750 pages), Thomas Constable, David Guzik, Bob Utley.For more devotional thoughts consider Spurgeon's The Treasury of David, … We cannot see God, but he can see us... View the entire commentary. Words in brackets, ( ), are not in the Hebrew Bible. Psalms 139:3 Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways. It’s not just hat God is everywhere, He is everywhere with me. Dans le Ps. Some believe that the Chief Musician is the Lord GOD Himself, and others suppose him to be a leader of choirs or musicians in David’s time, such as Heman the singer or Asaph (1 Chronicles 6:33, 16:5-7, and 25:6).

So the LXX. Psalm 139 Commentary. by Hank Workman “It’s not just that God knows everything, He knows me. If we would praise God aright we must draw the matter of our praise from himself - "O Jehovah, thou hast." It’s not just that God created everything, He created me.” David Guzik God is extremely personal with each of us.

Tucker and Grant coordinate both tasks in their commentary on Psalm 139. Reclaiming Psalm 139 from the Clutches of Coffee Cups and Picture Frames Commentary on Psalm 139:1-6 (Read Psalm 139:1-6) God has perfect knowledge of us, and all our thoughts and actions are open before him. Psalms 139:2 Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising, thou understandest my thought afar off. That is the message of the beautifully-crafted Psalm 139. το οστουν μου. Gordon Churchyard.

Psalms 139 Commentary, One of over 110 Bible commentaries freely available, this commentary, by the leading authority in the Church of Christ, presents a verse level look at the Bible. Like fugitives, we may run, but we cannot ultimately hide from the God who penetrates even the darkness with the gaze of His light. Psalms 139 Commentary, One of over 110 Bible commentaries freely available, this commentary, filling six volumes, provides an exhaustive look at every verse in the Bible.