Psalm 100 – A Psalm of Thanksgiving for All Lands.

These songs are apparently addressed to the nations at large—for example, here in Psalm 100 'all the earth' is called to join in God’s praise.
2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing. There are a number of ways this Psalm can be studied. This Psalm carries the title—A Psalm of Praise. b.

Psalm 100 .

Or, use this outline which is very similar: Psalm 100.

Many of us memorized it as children in Sunday School. 1 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.

As one man said, "I milk a lot of cows, but I churn my own butter."

Psalm 100 ranks second only to the 23rd Psalm in popularity. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord. It is with good reason that many sing this psalm very frequently in their religious assemblies, for it is very proper both to express and to excite pious and devout affections towards God in our approach to him in holy ordinances; and, if our hearts go along with the words, we shall make melody in … When we come to worship we can't help but thank God for who he is and what he has done. Thankfulness is at the heart of a worshipper.

Perhaps you need to be reminded as we approach Thanksgiving Day that there are some things for which you need to be truly thankful. This psalm is simply titled A Psalm of Thanksgiving, and it is the only psalm in the collection to bear this title.

Psalm 100:1-5 A Matter of Gratitude. Please use these sermons as the Lord leads, but nothing on this site may be used for profit without my expressed, written permission!

Perhaps you have become too accustomed to your blessings. B. LESSONS FROM PSALMS ONE HUNDRED Scripture: Psalm 100:1-5 Ray O. Brooks Introduction: A.

100:1-5 A CALL TO THANKSGIVING. It speaks of an invitation to the whole earth to know and to worship God. 3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Commentary on Psalm 100. TRULY THANKFUL . Dr. Philip W. McLarty.

Introduction. Psa. Chapter 100. Psalm 100 is a Psalm of praise and Thanksgiving. 4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Serve the Lord with gladness. 1. The Protocol of Worship - Psalm 100; Scriptures: Psalm 100. Psalm 100 exemplifies the slightly unusual dynamic we find in the Yahweh malak ('the Lord reigns') collection of psalms (Pss 93–100). There are seven commands in the Psalm; thus we could study all the commands of Psalm 100. a. The Bible study connection. This sermon reminds us of the role of thankfulness in our encounter with God.