Originally Posted by rockwellfife. Powder Bul Weight C.O.L. +P loads is 20,000 psi. The Speer 125-grain Total Metal Jacket is probably the closest load I could find in the .38 Special LoadBook, as to what the 125-grain FMJ's you mentioned are. I've kinda determined 3.5 grains of Titegroup with a OAL of 1.455 is something I should start with. I'm planning on using 158 grain RNFP coated bullets with Titegroup. _____ This is my preferred 38 special load! Using bullets from JHP, JSP, GD-HP, JHP, TMJ, Cast FN, BB-WC, HB-WC, L-SWC, L-HP, L-RN. Any input would be appreciated. Does anyone have good load data or experience with these? Winchester's website has data for W231 and a 125 gr LRNFP, but not plated. 4.2 gr. I am working up a load for .38special 125 grain Flat Point lead or plated. I use a lot of titegroup but I don't load a lot of .38 special. 38 special. So far I'm at 3.6 grains Win231, OAL=1.430" but the groups are nowhere near as tight as my 148 grain lead HBWC. Wouldn't 3.8 grains of titegroup behind a 158 grain lead bullet be OK to shoot in any 38 special? I'm going to increase the powder to 3.8, 4.0 and 4.2 grains and do some more shooting. Using bullets from Speer UCHP or GDHP SB, Speer FN, Speer HBWC, Speer LSWC, LSWC HP or LRN. What are your pet loads for this powder? I had a guy reloading me some loads which ended up being what I called Poof-Poof loads for my revolver. My Reloading Manual for .38 Special has plenty of data for 125 gr JHP, and 125 gr JFP for Scot Powders/Vhitavuori, but nothing for Unique/W231/Bullseye. Any thoughts or experience from any body I show a start of 3.2 and max of 3.8 off the Hodgon website. You can start with 125 jacketed data and use 4.0 Unique - 6.0 Unique. I looked in my Speer #14 and it does show the combination but it shows the minimum load as 4.4 grains. That in theory hits (approximately)860 fps & 13.5K cup by averaging Hodgdon's Cowboy lead load data charts for Titegroup- which shows 3.2gr start and 3.8gr max loads. Motor. I want to reload using Hodgdon's TiteGroup … Does anyone have any good recipe's for this powder? I'm talking about 125 grain Plated FP, not Jacketed FP Today I loaded some lots at 3.9; 4.1; 4.3 grain with decent results. I've had excellent results with all these powders in any weights of 38 special loads from 125 thru 158 grain cast lead. .38 Special (Speer Reloading Manual #13) reloading data with 96 loads. 4.4 gr. I'm wanting to put together some target loads using 125 grain JHPs and some Titegroup that I have on hand for a .38 special case. For Lead ...Starting load is listed as 4.0 with a maximum of 5.7 grains. .38 Special (Speer Reloading Manual #14) reloading data with 77 loads. Ive been reloading 45ACP & 9MM with very good success - just getting into 38 special, and am having difficulty with charge data & OAL.

Reloading .38 Special I want to reload using Hodgdon's TiteGroup powder. Quote ; Share this post. This data is from the Lyman Pistol & Revolver Reloading Handbook. I am using Rainier 125 grain fmjfp. With 130 grains you can increase the load maybe .10th of a grain. 624 ft/sec ave after I crono-ed a few. But it's still a bit cold out there which affects my hands. 4.0 gr. Maybe next month things will warm up a bit to make the exercise worthwhile. View Profile View Forum Posts Private Message Senior Member Join Date Dec 2009 Location Wild Wonderfull, WV Posts 3,020. I was especially surprised to see how well DEWC 148s grouped. Maximum COL as provided in the Hornady manual is 1.550 inches. 3.1 gr Clays. What I typically load for 38 special is 3.5 grains of Titegroup under a 158-gr lead SWC. Speer and Sierra manuals don't give loads for these bullets. 1.455 in. The gun in … I will use in IDPA but I am not worried about making power factor yet. Primers are CCI 500's (small pistol) the charge of Tite Group is 4.3 grains. A good full power load for .38 Special +P revolvers uses the 140 grain Speer bullet in front of 7.0 grains of HS6 powder for a MV of 960 fps from a 6" revolver barrel. As I look at my computer screen I have 100 .38 Special rounds I recently loaded with the 125 gr. 02-18-2011, 07:40 AM #2. +P loads can give the 158 grain lead bullet about 1000 fps.