The cartridge called .45 ACP (or .45 Auto) was designed by the great John Browning in 1904. One of the advantages the .45 ACP has over the .357 Magnum is that it works well in high capacity pistols like Glocks, Sig In the terms of raw, stopping power, the .45 ACP remains one of the all […] 38's barely recoil. Standard 45 ACP operates at 21,000 PSI. I shoot 45 acp / 10mm / 357 sig on a regular basis. For protection in the field, from either human or animal predators, it seems quite clear that a .357 Magnum revolver with at least a 4" barrel is superior to either a .45 ACP or 9x19mm autoloader (4"-5" barrel) in every category. I would choose a 1911 .45 ACP over any .357 Magnum revolver for home defense. The 10mm has the most recoil , the 357 sig is in the middle recoil wise. It is what is loaded as I type. I would say that the .357 definitely kicks harder, is louder, has more flash, and indeed, has more power than the .45ACP.
When choosing between the two, also consider which gun feels better in your hand.

The 45 acp recoil is more a straight back push, 357 sig is more snappy. 45 ACP Pluas+P is 23,000. On the .45 ACP side, most of the guns chambered in this caliber are semi-autos, although a few revolvers chambered for .45ACP, such as the S&W Model 625, do exist. I would recommend the .357 magnum and here's why:-Top loads for the old .357 exceed energy of top .45 ACP loads by a wide margin. I would choose a 1911 .45 ACP over any .357 Magnum revolver for home defense. I sold my marlin 44 to my uncle because I didn't enjoy shooting it. 9mm and 40 S&W a 35,000 and 9mm Plus +P is 38,000. Settling 9mm vs.45 ACP. In 1911, Colt and John Browning brought out the most recognizable pistol in history. 10mm has push and muzzle rise. I much preferred my marlin 357. when standing the 44 isn't too bad, but put it on a sandbag and it hurt. History of the 45 ACP vs. 45 Auto Cartridge. All three are controllable. pour les autres calibre il est vrai que c'est plutot difficile de trouvé quelques chose de correct à un bon prix. A magnum revolver with the popular 6"-6.5" barrel stacks the odds even further in your favor, especially if a long shot is required. .45 or .40 are far more common.

Some people prefer the heavier feel of a .45 ACP, while others find the light and slim nature of the 9mm to be more easy to use. Two Cents: The .357 SIG is a specialty round excellent for penetration due to its high velocity. 357 lets you know it went off, but will not hurt you. I own a S&W Model 66 in .357, and a Colt 1911 in .45ACP. For everyday carry I carry a Glock 27, can't go wrong with 9-40s&w rounds. I love my .357's, and I would be happy with one for home defense, but for me, it's the .45 first. 45 colt is going to be a lot like 44 mag. This is important if you encounter angry, scratchy, bitey things.-.357 magnum is a much flatter shooting cartridge that is far more suitable for … .45 ACP. It is what is loaded as I type. Historically, the .45 ACP was specifically designed for the US Army to be a knock down round at short distances; intended to put a man down with just … I shoot that gun very well and the low boom of the .45 is much easier on the ears and nerves inside without ear protection. I shoot that gun very well and the low boom of the .45 is much easier on the ears and nerves inside without ear protection. Ultimately, both guns are great weapons to have.

My first choice in a handgun for hd is .357 mag 125 gr jhp ( still the gold standard for stopping power in a 4 or 6 inch barrel). Borg Warner , Aug 18, 2019 Borg Warner , Aug 18, 2019 10mm is 37,500 and 357 Sig is 40,000. Most of that is due to the guns that shoot 357 sig are lighter with shorter barrels. 357 Vs 45 Acp 357vs45acpMost of us gun enthusiasts understand the differences between the two ammo and how powerful it is.
I love my .357's, and I would be happy with one for home defense, but for me, it's the .45 first. Its intended purpose is law enforcement. c'est vrai que je penche plutot pour le 45 acp pour sa disponibilité. The gunsmith created the round for a new .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol that he was also designing for Colt. I own a S&W Model 66 in .357, and a Colt 1911 in .45ACP. On the .45 ACP side, most of the guns chambered in this caliber are semi-autos, although a few revolvers chambered for .45ACP, such as the S&W Model 625, do exist.