The SOAP Bible study method is one of my favorites because it’s so easy to use. The S in SOAP stands for Scripture. This is kind of like God saying to you, “Here is what I want you to apply to your Bible Gateway; The SOAP Bible study method is a great method for digging into the Word of God. It helps you interact with God’s word so that you can discover life principles and truths for your daily walk with the Lord. The SOAP Bible Study Method is a simple, yet effective tool! The SOAP method or S.O.A.P for short is used for Bible reading to help you go beyond the words and instead apply scripture to your life. In the Bible there are 1,189 chapters in the Old and New Testaments. How does the SOAP Bible study method work? The SOAP method of Bible study is not simply reading the Bible and then going on your merry way. Book Studies: This Bible study method focuses either on a complete book in the Bible or specific part of a book, such as a specific chapter, a range of verses, or a single verse itself. I have tried many different methods of Bible study over the years. You select a passage of scripture, or a verse and follow each step. The SOAP and other Bible study methods are meant to make your time in God’s Word easier and more fulfilling. Observation: How does this scripture or passage speak to you? Each letter in “SOAP” stands for one step of the process: Scripture, Observation, Application, … The soap bible study template consists of four easy things to remember that start with the acronym SOAP. Below I have provided an example from my quiet time this morning. It is easy to follow, easy to trim down to available time, and includes the life-changing piece of applying the Word to your life. Scripture There are many ways to study the Bible. The SOAP method (S.O.A.P) is one of the common ways to read your bible, but there are other ones too which are discussed later in this article. The SOAP Bible study method is a popular method for diving into God’s Word and it’s easy to see why! Here is a personal example…. Mean? It is a way of getting more out of your time in God's Word. The SOAP Method of Bible study is one way to experience a deeper walk with Jesus in the midst of a busy lifestyle. The SOAP acronym will help you remember the steps that you will take to study the Bible for yourself. I am currently reading through Acts in my quiet time. There are a few resources you will find handy to really get the most out of this method. The SOAP Bible Study Method stands for: S – Scripture. The Soap Bible Study Template. Bible Study Methods for the Proverbs 31 Woman. The SOAP acronym will help you remember the steps that you will take to study the Bible for yourself. O-Observation (write down what you observed from that verse)-Keep observations simple and clear, even obvious 3.) The SOAP method of Bible study is not simply reading the Bible and then going on your merry way. The SOAP Bible study method can be found all over the Internet, and I’m not sure who first created it. Here are 7 different step-by-step Bible study methods you can easily do on your own.